As a new day breaks over Nest Cottage, the Doctor and Mike know they have to face their enemy for a final confrontation. Reduced to miniature size, and with Mrs Wibbsey along as an unwilling adventurer, they venture inside the hornets' nest itself. The Queen lies in wait for the enemy which she and her brood have faced so many times over the millennia. If she is to guarantee the survival of her alien hornet race for another thousand years, this is a battle she must win! The loyalty of the Doctor's friends will be tested to the limit. And perhaps, at last, they will all understand why Mike Yates is so important...
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Mike Yates - Richard Franklin
- Mrs Wibbsey - Susan Jameson
- The Queen - Rula Lenska
to be added
- This story was recorded at Electric Airwaves and Motivation Sound Studios.
- This story was later included in The Nest Cottage Chronicles.
- The Hornet Queen taunts Mike with his experiences with the BOSS (TV: The Green Death) and Operation Golden Age. (TV: Invasion of the Dinosaurs)
- The Doctor tells Mike about the time he was put inside his own brain. (TV: The Invisible Enemy)