|Hook, Line and Sinker|
|Main setting:||Deep Ocean Aquarium Las Vegas|
|Printed in:||DWA 149|
|Release date:||14 January 2010|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|The Highest Stake||The Unwelcome Visitors|
Crashing into the sea after travelling through space, a seed pod gets caught in nets of the research ship Deep Ocean 7. Not only has the pod found water but food in the net. Months later in Las Vegas the Tenth Doctor and Heather are visiting Deep Ocean. It is a fully functioning experimental biosphere, the size of Luxembourg, built underground and open to the public.
According to Heather's audio guide the tank should be teeming with life but its not. As the Doctor looks closer, the Thalatth which has been feeding for several months bursts out of the tank. People and the Thalatth are swept away in the flood. The Doctor grabs Heather's hand. They climb into a nearby vehicle and he tries to lure the creature into the desert by using Heather's audio guide to transmit at volume the sound of fresh food...whale song.
As Heather drives across the desert sand, the Thalatth follows. The sun's ultra-violet rays accelerates the Thalatth's life cycle and, turning into a chrysalis, it soon achieves its final form, that of a Solarix Prizmatterfly, a creature made of literal stardust. The Doctor and Heather watch in awe as the now beautiful creature takes to the skies and leaves.
to be added
- This is another in a series flagged as "The Tenth Doctor's Untold Stories".
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 149 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK! The Unwelcome Visitors!
to be added