|Main setting:||London, Autumn 1941|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Tom Webster|
|Part of:||The Churchill Years|
|Release date:||14 January 2016|
|The Churchill Years|
|The Oncoming Storm||Living History|
Publisher's summary Edit
In the dark days of 1941, Britain is in the midst of war. Churchill must stand strong against the might of the enemy — but he is plagued by a darkness in his own psyche. Something he calls "the Black Dog".
Across London, the Tenth Doctor's arrival may be the nation's only hope — but the Time Lord's plan to help his friend is endangered when he finds himself declared a traitor by the agents of the country he has come to protect...
to be added
- Winston Churchill - Ian McNeice
- Hetty Warner - Emily Atack
- Major Wheatley - Jo Stone-Fewings
- The Swami - Amerjit Deu
- Danvers - Stewart Scudamore
- This story was recorded on 27-28 July & 30 July-31 July 2015.
- The story uses the Series 4 theme music.
- Churchill writes the words "blood, sweat and toil"; the Sixth Doctor claimed to have said those words to him. (AUDIO: The Ultimate Adventure)
- Churchill says that he works long into the night. (AUDIO: The Oncoming Storm)
- Hetty is still employed as Churchill's secretary. (AUDIO: The Oncoming Storm)