|House of Blue Fire|
|Main enemy:||The Mi'en Kalarash|
|Main setting:||The Fulton Down military base, England, 2020|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Release date:||September 2011|
|Format:||2 CDs, 4 parts|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Doomsday Quatrain||The Silver Turk|
Publisher's summary Edit
There's a whole ABC of horrors at Bluefire House — as four young people, drawn together to this tumbledown hotel at the edge of nowhere, are about to discover. But whatever the ancient and foul thing that has emerged from the wilderness to drag them here, speaking of it will only strengthen it.
The Doctor alone knows what lurks at the heart of Bluefire House. But the monster of his childhood dreams is coming. The Mi'en Kalarash is coming...
Just this once, the Doctor's afraid.
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Sally Morgan (No 18) - Amy Pemberton
- Dr Magnus Soames - Timothy West
- Rachel McMahon (No 5) - Miranda Keeling
- Jerome Fisher (No 16) - Ray Emmet Brown
- Toby Dodds (No 12) - Howard Gossington
- Eve Pritchard/Mi'en Kalarash - Lizzy Watts
- When No. 18 tells the Doctor that they are awaiting "the Master," he mistakenly believes that she is referring to the Time Lord of the same name, one of his greatest enemies.
- The TARDIS exterior is said to be black instead of blue.
- Athazagoraphobia is the fear of being forgotten or ignored.
- Unusually, the Doctor does not appear until the final scene of the first episode; this also happened at the end of the previous story introducing a companion, Hex, in AUDIO: The Harvest.
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 and 15 February 2011.
- The Doctor mentions visiting a curry restaurant in the Khyber Pass. (TV: Ghost Light)
- Sally describes the TARDIS console room as resembling a cathedral. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Mi'en Kalarash is one of the Elder Gods. (AUDIO: Black and White)
- Official House of Blue Fire page at bigfinish.com
- House of Blue Fire at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for House of Blue Fire at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide