Publisher's summary Edit
There's a whole ABC of horrors at Bluefire House — as four young people, drawn together to this tumbledown hotel at the edge of nowhere, are about to discover. But whatever the ancient and foul thing that has emerged from the wilderness to drag them here, speaking of it will only strengthen it.
The Doctor alone knows what lurks at the heart of Bluefire House. But the monster of his childhood dreams is coming. The Mi'en Kalarash is coming...
Just this once, the Doctor's afraid.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Dr Magnus Soames - Timothy West
- No 18 - Amy Pemberton
- No 5 - Miranda Keeling
- No 16 - Ray Emmet Brown
- No 12 - Howard Gossington
- Eve Pritchard/Mi'en Kalarash - Lizzy Watts
- Athazagoraphobia is the fear of being forgotten or ignored.
- Unusually, the Doctor does not appear until the final scene of the first episode; this also happened in an earlier story introducing one of the Seventh Doctor's companions, Hex, in AUDIO: The Harvest.
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 and 15 February 2011.
- Subscribers whose subscriptions included this story also received the audio short story Neptune.
- The Doctor mentions visiting a curry restaurant in the Khyber Pass. (TV: Ghost Light)
- When No. 18 tells the Doctor that they are awaiting "the Master," he reacts in shock as he believing that she is referring to his enemy of the same name. (TV: Terror of the Autons, et al)
- The TARDIS exterior is black. (AUDIO: Robophobia, The Doomsday Quatrain)
- Sally describes the TARDIS console room as resembling a cathedral. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Mi'en Kalarash is one of the Elder Gods. (AUDIO: Black and White)
- The Doctor claims to remember the Old Time. (TV: Silver Nemesis; PROSE: Lungbarrow)
- Official House of Blue Fire page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for House of Blue Fire at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide