This article contains far too many bulleted lists. These sections should be converted into normal prose.
The House of Lungbarrow was one of the senior Prydonian Houses formed in wake of the Intuitive Revelation. It was a noble house of wealth and privilege but in later centuries it became stagnant and only produced petty servants and clerks. It was notable for being the family home of the Doctor. It was located in the southern mountain range on Gallifrey, perched on the west side of Mount Lung overlooking the Cadonflood River.
The House fell to disgrace when it was revealed the quota of forty five Cousins had been broken to weave a new Cousin, Owis, to replace the Doctor after he had been exiled from the House. After the Doctor tipped the Prydonian Chapterhouse of this crime, Lungbarrow was removed from the Prydonian Chapter.
When the Doctor refused to attend the deathday of Lungbarrow's Kithriarch, Quences, the House was buried into the soil of Mount Lung, going missing for 673 years. During that time Quences was killed by his Cousin, Glospin, who framed the Doctor for the murder after Quences' will was hidden. The Seventh Doctor eventually returned to his home to face his Cousins. After the Doctor foiled Glospin's conspiracy against him, the House rose from the Mountain and crashed into the valley below.
In an act of reparation, President Romana reinstated the House in the Prydonian Chapter, allowing for a new House to be created from the original template. Cousin Innocet was appointed Housekeeper of the New House of Lungbarrow. (PROSE: Lungbarrow)
The Doctor's father once laid out all his plans and projects on the table in the Great Hall of Lungbarrow. He and Mr Saldaamir were interrupted when the First Doctor let a cobblemouse loose, which ran across the table and scattered all the plans and projects in the air. (PROSE: Unnatural History)
Known staff and members Edit
- The Doctor
- Satthralope (PROSE: Lungbarrow)
- The Doctor's father (PROSE: Unnatural History)
- Grandfather Paradox (PROSE: Christmas on a Rational Planet)
Behind the scenes Edit
- The Crimes Against History Faction Paradox timeline asserted that many of the House's members were recruited into Faction Paradox following the House's collapse. While this contradicts Romana's promise to reinstate the family in a new House, both Crimes Against History and Unnatural History assert Romana's presidency was interrupted or altered by the time of the Eighth Doctor. In Alien Bodies, the Eighth Doctor refers to dealing with Faction Paradox as a "family affair."
- Despite his hinted status as the Doctor's brother, Irving Braxiatel has actually never been stated nor implied to be from the House of Lungbarrow.