Please DO NOT add to this discussion.
Hi, I have just seen the christmas special (which was lame...) and the new season 6 trailer. It gives out some detailes but not much. if you didn't see it you can check it out on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvv8GcW6ca4
This raises back the silence issue as it is clearly mentioned...
184.108.40.206 22:05, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
I found it interesting that the Doctor said that they're somewhere new (I think it's safe to say it's America), and that he's been recruited. I was thinking UNIT, also it seems that he gets captured and held at some point, which I could certainly see a UNIT branch doing. I don't know, but I have a very strong feeling that they're back.
UNIT has appeared pretty consistently in the new series, so it wouldn't be too surprising if they made an appearance in the new season. I doubt that they are the ones that locked him up though. Even though the Doctor often disagrees with UNIT's methods, they have a pretty good relationship. The Third Doctor worked for them in most of his episodes, and the Second, Fourth, Fifth, Seventh, Ninth, and Tenth Doctors have all worked with UNIT (or at least the Brigadier) at some point. UNIT finds the Doctor more valuable as an ally, than as a prisoner. As for him going to America, its about time that they did an America episode. The only other time that I can think of that he came to America was the Daleks in Manhattan 2-parter, when he went to NYC during the depression.(unless you count that awful animated episode)220.127.116.11 15:53, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
I thought it might good to break the trailer down clip by clip, so here goes (feel free to correct and or/expand on this);
1) Three or four men, dressed in "swashbuckling" outfits enter through a door. One of the men demands to know "where's the Doctor"
2) Several guys, dressed in what looks like Nazi uniforms, one of them says something like "have him (al)ready"
3) The Doctor in the Tardis, grabbing Amys hand and says something like "the fastest I've ever ran". Morphs into another scene where he is leading another female character by the hand.
4) "Now it's time for me to stop" - we see the Nazis again, which cuts into a scene with what looks like American agents with guns.
5) The Doctor sitting in the oval office with pistols pointed at him.
6) Long range shots of what looks like Nevada, the Doctor saying "somewhere different, somewhere brand new".
7) 3 scenes with the Doctor outside as in 6). The Doctor says "I wear a stetson now, stetsons are cool", before having his hat shot off.
8) A shot of River Song having just shot a pistol.
9) Amy's voice saying "we've been recruited". An interior shot of a huge hangar with th number 51 (presumably area 51) with a sign saying "Do not approach the prisoner".
10) The Doctor asks "recruited by who" as the scene cuts to a shackled man (presumably the prisoner).
11) Amy saying the following "You're going to have to learn to trust us this time, and you have to do this, (inaudible)..." over the following quick flashes: a control room similar to the one from the lodger; the Doctor and a dark haired woman (possibly the same one from 3 ?); a figure in a spacesuit emerging from a doorway; the Doctor, Amy and Rory in the Tardis; the Tardis console exploding.
12) Amy with a torch in a darkened house.
13) Doctor in the Tardis with Amy and Rory - the doctor holding a glowing object and looking surprised.
14) A quick flash of River naked (!) presumably (though we only see the top part of her) and winking.
15) Exterior shots of Amy, and some vehicles, same place as 6 presumably.
16) Rory runs into a closing door.
17) An Ood with green eyes.
18) Two masked figures walking side by side.
19) Somebody (Rory) bumps into a door; and Amy screaming.
20) Back in the Tardis, the Doctor and Amy, the Doctor saying something like "my life is in your hands, Amelia Pond".
21) The Doctor voice over the next scenes "You see these eyes, they're old eyes, and one thing I can tell you". Sliding doors closing with the Doctor the other side (similar to 16); Amy in a house (similar to 12); River Song; Rory; both lit by lightning.
22) The Doctor "Monsters are real" - we see a house similar to 12 and 21 with a spooky figure standing there.
18.104.22.168 12:39, January 2, 2011 (UTC)
Does anyone else think that the figure at the end of the trailer could be the Silent? To me it looks like a gray alien, you know just a stereotypical alien, large head, almond eyes. Either way, we are going to meet the Silent in Series 6.....
BeatOli 15:16, January 8, 2011 (UTC)
To me it seems that the figure at the end could be the alien from the roswell incident because it seems from the trailer that the doctor is in Area 51, and there are 'men in black'. 22.214.171.124 11:31, January 10, 2011 (UTC)