|Main enemy:||Xorg Krauzzen|
|Read by:||Arthur Darvill|
|Release date:||28 April 2011|
|Format:||Hardcover, 256 pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
|The Way Through the Woods||Touched by an Angel|
Publisher's summary Edit
"There's no end to the horror in this place — it's like Hell, and there are devils round every corner."
Welcome to Leisure Platform 9 – a place where gamblers and villains rub shoulders with socialites and celebrities. Don't cheat at the games tables, and be careful who you beat. The prize for winning the wrong game is to take part in another, as Rory is about to discover – and the next game could be the death of him.
When Rory is kidnapped by the brutal crime lord Xorg Krauzzen, the Doctor and Amy must go undercover to infiltrate the deadly contest being played out in the ruins of Gorgoror. But how long before Krauzzen realises the Doctor isn't a vicious mercenary and discovers what Amy is up to? It’s only a matter of time. And time is the one thing Rory and the other fugitives on Gorgoror don't have.
They are the hunted in a game that can only end in death, and time for everyone is running out...
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Xorg Krauzzen
- Grant Pangborne
- Harry Mossop
- Dora Mossop
- Sophie Mossop
- Kobal Zalu
- Zargadoz Xaaael
- Sergeant Xelos
- Kobal Zalu notes that the Doctor has "changed bodies again".
- On Gorgoror, Rory marks a path for the Doctor to follow by etching drawings of one of the cracks in time on the walls.
- While New Series Adventure novels often consist of around twenty chapters, just under two hundred fifty pages for the story and extra pages at the back to advertise other novels, the chapters here are shorter. Hunter's Moon has forty chapters, a prologue and the ads at the end of the book are absent to make room for the book's slightly extended two hundred fifty-six pages.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The TARDIS is stolen by Xorge. It was previously stolen by the Master (TV: Utopia) and Thomas Brewster. (AUDIO: The Boy That Time Forgot)
- The Terileptils are mentioned. They were at war with the Torodon. (TV: The Visitation)
- Aggedor, the Royal Beast of Peladon, is a species that fought on the moon of Gorgoror. (TV: The Curse of Peladon, The Monster of Peladon)
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook on 6x CD read by Arthur Darvill.