It is the first three part story since TV: The Two Doctors in 1985 for the Sixth Doctor. With this story begins a short period in Big Finish's production of monthly Doctor Who stories where several releases in 2007, 2008 and 2009 were released as a three part story and a one part story.
Publisher's summary Edit
In the 32nd century, the Doctor finds himself on a planet piled high with discarded computer technology. Picking over these remains are an army of Scandroids, a collection of unsavoury, illegal Data Pirates and a team of researchers from the mysterious Lonway Clinic. This is a world of organic-digital transfer and "personality surgery" which the Doctor finds disturbing enough, until something far more deadly starts to emerge.
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Claudia Bridge - Sara Griffiths
- Doctor Marriott - Gyles Brandreth
- Ms Tevez - Helen Atkinson-Wood
- The Scandroids - David Dobson
- Lake - Kerry Skinner
- Gabe Stillinger - Joe Thompson
- Denise Stillinger - Natasha Pyne
- Immediately after the TARDIS materialises on Obsoletion Valley, the Doctor falls down a cliff and twists his ankle.
- The Doctor tells Claudia that the unexplained is his specialty.
- The Doctor describes the 32nd century as a "decadent age."
- Gyles Brandreth (Doctor Marriott) has had an interesting and varied career. He has authored several books, worked as a television script-writer, served as a Conservative Party MP and can be regularly be heard on Radio 4 on such shows as Just a Minute and his own The Brandreth Rules.
- Helen Atkinson-Wood (Ms Tevez) is well known for her comedy roles on radio and television, including appearances in The Young Ones, KYTV and Blackadder in which she played Mrs Miggins.
- This audio drama was recorded on 12 and 13 February 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- A preview for this story was printed in DWM 381 illustrated by Martin Geraghty.
- Official I.D. page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for I.D. at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide