|Cover by:||Black Sheep|
|Release date:||2 October 2000|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 7 Chapters, 285 Pages|
|BBC Past Doctor Adventures|
|Festival of Death||The King of Terror|
Publisher's summary Edit
"Danger is my middle name," Ace said. "Or it would be if I had more than one. I can look after myself these days, you know."
Freedom. Liberty. Free Will. Independence. Choice. Everyone wants to be free. But at what point does freedom become irresponsibility? What happens when one person's choice causes another's oppression?
The Doctor's on a simple mission to return a communications device he borrowed years previously. Being a Time Lord, he can return it before anyone misses it.
But events in the Mendeb system have moved more quickly than the Doctor estimated, and he lands in the ruins of a civilisation devastated by mysterious invaders.
to be added
- Seventh Doctor
- Balon Ferud
- Kedin Ashar
- Tevana Roslod
- Traban Yonfar
- Ace was a fan of Adam Ant, George Michael, Primal Scream and the Jesus and Mary Chain.
- Ace saw Withnail and I in the cinema several days before she was transported to Iceworld. She fancied "the actor who played Withnail."
to be added
- The Matrix projects that Mendeb Two will develop technology at the same rate as Mendeb Three, but the Second Doctor's interference prevents this.[source needed]
- The Doctor mentions having been thrown into a pit on Chloris. (TV: The Creature from the Pit)
- Independence Day at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Independence Day at The Whoniverse