Industrial Evolution was the one hundred and forty-fifth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Eddie Robson and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor, Maggie Stables as Evelyn Smythe and John Pickard as Thomas Brewster.
Released in March 2011, it was the third and final in a series of three Sixth Doctor audio stories from Big Finish. It features the final appearance to date of John Pickard as Thomas Brewster and the final released performance by Maggie Stables as Evelyn prior to her retirement from acting in 2013 and her death in 2014.
19th century Lancashire: where the white heat of the Industrial Revolution burns hottest at Samuel Belfrage's brass mill, a mill plagued by more than its fair share of work-related injuries.
While Thomas Brewster struggles to secure a fair deal for Belfrage's overworked hands, fellow travellers the Doctor and Evelyn follow the Copper King to Liverpool, there to discover the unexpected truth about Belfrage's business.
Back in Ackleton, the local MP voices the fears of many when he says that the machines are taking over. He's more right than he knows...
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Evelyn Smythe - Maggie Stables
- Thomas Brewster - John Pickard
- Samuel Belfrage - Rory Kinnear
- Stephen Gibson - Warren Brown
- Robert Stretton - Hugh Ross
- Clara Stretton - Joannah Tincey
- George Townsend - Paul Chahidi
- Humanoids - John Banks
to be added
- This audio story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- Subscribers whose subscriptions included this story also received the audio short story Sound the Siren And I'll Come To You Comrade.
- Evelyn reminds the Doctor that she talked him into giving Brewster a second chance. (AUDIO: The Feast of Axos)
- The Doctor refers to Miasimia Goria. (TV: The Mark of the Rani)
- Official Industrial Evolution page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Industrial Evolution at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide