Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Inside the World of Doctor Who|
|Subject:||A live workshop on the production of Doctor Who, aimed at children|
|Original release date:||29 November 2008 (live event)|
15 December 2008 (video)
|Runtime:||90" (including interval) live; about 42" in its video form, broken into two rough halves|
|Interviewees:||Russell T Davies, Danny Hargreaves, Neill Gorton, Ben Foster, Will Cohen|
The event was somewhat akin to a live version of Totally Doctor Who, and even featured one of that show's presenters, Kirsten O'Brien. It allowed the audience to get at least a superficial glimpse of what it was like to do some of the main behind-the-scenes jobs on Doctor Who. Also like Totally, it was quite specifically for children; the Barbican's website warned that "unaccompanied adults will not be admitted".
Amongst the highlights of the event were:
- Russell T Davies demonstrating the writing process by making up a story in one minute from kids' random suggestions
- Neill Gorton showing off a Slitheen prosthetic and a radio-controlled Dalek mutant
- Ben Foster showing how incidental music must match the mood of the scene, and demonstrating how to a character theme can be composed (or leitmotif)
- Danny Hargreaves using practical effects onstage to "blow up" a Cyberman
- Will Cohen discussing the use of CGI in creating monsters onscreen