|Main character(s):||Romana II, Leela, K9 Mark I, K9 Mark II|
|Main enemy:||Inquisitor Prime Darkel|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Lee Binding|
|Release number:||Chapter Eight|
|Release date:||June 2005|
Publisher's summary Edit
"How can we go forward when she continually fans the flames of mistrust and paranoia? I've seen the future she'll create — the corridors of the Capitol, awash with blood!"
They are the brightest minds of their generation; the architects of tomorrow. And now, they have the chance to attend the finest, most exclusive school known to the temporal powers. After millennia of secrecy, the Gallifreyan Academy has opened its doors to off-worlders...
But the experiment is failing. As interracial violence erupts in the corridors of learning, somebody is using the students as pawns in a political power game — and, while Tutor Leela struggles to unravel the motives of her ex-husband, Andred, President Romana may be falling under an ancient spell.
It's a dangerous time to be a stranger on Gallifrey.
It seems that not all Time Lords want to share their secrets...
to be added
- Lady President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 Mark I / K9 Mark II - John Leeson
- Inquisitor Prime Darkel - Lynda Bellingham
- Coordinator Narvin - Sean Carlsen
- Castellan Andred - Andy Coleman
- Acting-Chancellor Valyes - Steven Wickham
- Student Neeloc - Stuart Piper
- Student Taylor - Gary Bakewell
- Student Galadina - Jenny Livsey
- Student B'arech - John Dorney
- The students, when talking about former students at the Academy, mention the Doctor and the Master, and how they hoped to become like the Deca.
- This story marks the first appearance of Valyes on the series.
- Several references are made to the Sontaran invasion of Gallifrey. (TV: The Invasion of Time)
- Andred mentions Time Scaphes. (PROSE: Cat's Cradle: Time's Crucible)