|Island of Death|
|Main enemy:||The Skang|
|Main setting:||London, India and Africa, the 1970s|
|Cover by:||Black Sheep|
|Release date:||7 July 2005|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 32 Chapters, 281 Pages|
|BBC Past Doctor Adventures|
|Match of the Day||Spiral Scratch|
- You may wish to consult
Island of Death (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
Island of Death was the seventy-first BBC Past Doctor Adventures novel. It featured the Third Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith and Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart. This was also author Barry Letts' first solo novel (he had previously written Deadly Reunion with Terrance Dicks).
Publisher's summary Edit
"He would learn nothing from the internal organs — and for a very good reason: there was nothing there. The dead girl's body was literally just skin and bone."
Sarah Jane Smith enlists the help of the Third Doctor and the Brigadier, and their investigations take them halfway across the world, to a remote island that has been turned into a paradise for the followers of the cult.
But the island is not what it seems, and neither is the Skang itself; and the Doctor and his companions are faced with the task of saving not only its devotees but the whole of mankind from a loathsome death.
to be added
- Third Doctor
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart
- Sgt Benton
- Jeremy Fitzoliver
- Mama Fitzoliver
- Alex Whitbread
- Hilda Hutchens
- Will Cabot
- Sister Helga
- Brother Dieter
- Brother Dafydd
- Major Chatterjee
- Mr Gorridge
- Peter Andrews
- Commander Gene Hogben
- Bob Simkins
- Chris Watts
- Mortimer Willow
- Brian Prebble
Anatomy and physiology Edit
- Regeneration causes unpredictable gaps in memory.
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor uses the phrase "two shakes of a sluggerlug's tail".
- A sneg is a kind of hairy newt.
- A flubble is a Gallifreyan animal resembling a small-nosed, six-legged koala.
- A Schlenk Blossom is a type of Gallifreyan flower.
Foods and beverages Edit
- The Doctor and Sarah drink hot rum toddies after being rescued at sea.
- The Doctor also drinks port.
- The Brigadier drinks Scotch while he's on the plane to Bombay.
- The Doctor has met Charles Darwin.
- Sarah lives in an attic bedsit near Hampstead Heath.
- Sarah's father is from Liverpool.
United Nations Intelligence Taskforce Edit
to be added