Jago and Litefoot
Jago and Litefoot is an audio series from Big Finish Productions. The stories involve Henry Gordon Jago and George Litefoot, characters first introduced in the Doctor Who story The Talons of Weng-Chiang. In the series, they solve mysteries involving paranormal or alien phenomena in 1890s London. Christopher Benjamin, Trevor Baxter and Conrad Asquith reprise their roles as Jago, Litefoot and PC Quick (promoted to Sergeant Quick, and subsequently to Inspector). They are joined in the regular cast by Lisa Bowerman as barmaid Ellie Higson.
In order to test the market, Companion Chronicles story The Mahogany Murderers served as a pilot episode for the series and, after a favourable reception, a season of four stories were announced for release as a boxed CD set and MP3 downloads on 30 June 2010. Weeks before the release of the first series, a second series was confirmed for release in January 2011. Continual popularity saw a third series begin recording in August 2010 for a June 2011 release, and a fourth and a fifth series were then confirmed for release in 2012 and 2013 respectively.
In July 2012 a sixth and seventh series were confirmed for release in late 2013 and early 2014 respectively.
Jago & Litefoot releasesedit
Series 1 edit
Series 2 edit
Series 3 edit
Series 4 edit
Series 5 edit
Series 6 edit
Series 7 edit
Series 8 edit
Other Jago & Litefoot releasesedit
Special Doctor Who releases edit
The following stories take place between series 4 and 5 of Jago & Litefoot. The CDs were released with reversible covers depicting the discs as either special Doctor Who releases numbered 1 & 2, or as Jago & Litefoot releases numbered 4.5 & 4.6.
The Worlds of Doctor Who edit
The Fourth Doctor Adventures edit
Documentary release edit
- Henry Gordon Jago — Christopher Benjamin
- George Litefoot — Trevor Baxter
- Ellie Higson — Lisa Bowerman
- Sergeant Quick — Conrad Asquith (Series 1-4, 6-8)
- Doctor Tulp — Toby Longworth (Series 1)
- Dr Ormond Sacker — Duncan Wisbey (Series 1-2)
- Gabriel Sanders — David Collings (Series 2)
- Leela — Louise Jameson (Series 2-4)
- Professor Claudius Dark — Colin Baker (Series 4)
- Detective Sergeant Dave Sacker — Duncan Wisbey (Series 5)
- Guinevere Godiva - Raquel Cassidy (Series 5)
- The Colonel — Geoffrey Whitehead (Series 6)
- Patsy - Flaminia Cinque (Series 7-8)
- As with most of the Big Finish series, the main cast does not change between stories but there are many guest characters and cast.
- The Doctor, Jago, Litefoot, Leela, Percival Quick, Magnus Greel, Mr Sin and Patsy are the only characters from the classic series to appear in Jago and Litefoot. All eight characters were featured in The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
Cover gallery edit