Jago and Litefoot is an audio series from Big Finish Productions. The stories involve Henry Gordon Jago and George Litefoot, characters first introduced in the Doctor Who story The Talons of Weng-Chiang. In the series, they solve mysteries involving paranormal or alien phenomena in 1890s London. Christopher Benjamin, Trevor Baxter and Conrad Asquith reprise their roles as Jago, Litefoot and PC Quick (promoted to Sergeant Quick, and subsequently to Inspector). They are joined in the regular cast by Lisa Bowerman as barmaid Ellie Higson.
A Companion Chronicles release entitled The Mahogany Murderers was released as a standalone story, but served as a backdrop pilot for a potential series. After favourable reception, a season of four stories were announced for release as a boxed CD set as well as digitally on 30 June 2010. Weeks before the release of the first series, a second series was confirmed for release in January 2011, and continual popularity saw a third series begin recording in August 2010 for a June 2011 release. The series subsequently adopted a bi-annual release pattern, with ten series having been released so far.
On 22nd September 2015, an eleventh series was confirmed for release in April 2016.
Jago & Litefoot releases Edit
Series 1 Edit
Series 2 Edit
Series 3 Edit
Series 4 Edit
Series 5 Edit
Series 6 Edit
Series 7 Edit
Series 8 Edit
Series 9 Edit
Series 10 Edit
Other Jago & Litefoot releases Edit
Two stories, Voyage to Venus and Voyage to the New World, take place between series 4 and 5 of Jago & Litefoot. The CDs were released with reversible covers depicting the discs as either special Doctor Who releases numbered 1 & 2, or as Jago & Litefoot releases numbered 4.5 & 4.6. The special release The Worlds of Doctor Who was a crossover of Big Finish's Doctor Who spin-off ranges. Jago and Litefoot were featured in Mind Games.
Jago and Litefoot also appeared in Fourth Doctor Adventures audio story The Justice of Jalxar.
Jago & Litefoot & Strax was one of Big Finish's first releases featuring elements from the new series of Doctor Who.
- Henry Gordon Jago — Christopher Benjamin
- George Litefoot — Trevor Baxter
- Ellie Higson — Lisa Bowerman
- Sergeant Quick — Conrad Asquith (Series 1-4, 6-10)
- Doctor Tulp — Toby Longworth (Series 1)
- Dr Ormond Sacker — Duncan Wisbey (Series 1-2)
- Gabriel Sanders — David Collings (Series 2)
- Leela — Louise Jameson (Series 2-4)
- Professor Claudius Dark — Colin Baker (Series 4)
- Detective Sergeant Dave Sacker — Duncan Wisbey (Series 5)
- Guinevere Godiva - Raquel Cassidy (Series 5)
- The Colonel — Geoffrey Whitehead (Series 6)
- Patsy - Flaminia Cinque (Series 7-8)
- Luke Betterman - David Warner (Series 9-10)
- Carruthers Summerton - Toby Hadoke (Series 10)
- The Master - Geoffrey Beevers (Series 10)
- As with most of the Big Finish series, the main cast does not change between stories but there are many guest characters and cast.
- The Doctor, Jago, Litefoot, Leela, Percival Quick, Magnus Greel, Mr Sin, Patsy and the Master are the only characters from the classic series to appear in Jago and Litefoot. All these characters except the Master were featured in The Talons of Weng-Chiang.
Cover gallery Edit