|Jago in Love|
|Main character(s):||Jago, Litefoot, Leela|
|Featuring:||Ellie Higson, Quick, Claudius Dark|
|Main enemy:||Kempston, Hardwick|
|Main setting:||London and Brighton, the 1890s|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||March 2012|
|Jago & Litefoot|
Publisher's summary Edit
Escaping the shadowy presence of the mysterious Professor Claudius Dark, Jago, Litefoot and Leela take a holiday in Brighton. There, Jago meets and falls for music hall singer Abigail Woburn, a relationship that threatens to split the infernal investigators apart, as dark forces gather on the beach...
to be added
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin
- George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Ellie Higson - Lisa Bowerman
- Sergeant Quick - Conrad Asquith
- Abigail Woburn - Elizabeth Counsell
- George Nevil - Matt Addis
- Mr Kempston - Christopher Beeny
- Mr Hardwick - Mike Grady
- Professor Claudius Dark - Colin Baker
- Leela tells Jago and Litefoot that she is "obliged" to stay in the 1890s.
- Jago first met Gypsy Nancy Lee while he was the proprietor of the Palace Theatre in the 1880s.
- Litefoot tells Leela that Queen Victoria apparently hated staying in the Royal Pavilion in Brighton as she felt exposed to the public gaze.
- Abigail Woburn wears a "theatrical" wig.
- Jago refers to the serialised adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr John Watson by Arthur Conan Doyle featured in The Strand magazine.
- Both George Nevil and his fiancée Mary Elizabeth Reilly were killed in a freak snowstorm in Brighton on 14 August 1887.
Story notes Edit
- The first scene is a reprise of the final scene of the audio story Chronoclasm.
- The music hall song "Poor Little Dolly" was originally featured in the Sapphire & Steel audio drama Water Like a Stone, likewise written by Nigel Fairs.
- Leela tells Jago and Litefoot that the Doctor spoke of holidaying in Brighton. (TV: Horror of Fang Rock) He and Romana II were more successful in their attempt to reach Brighton but arrived during the winter rather than the summer. (TV: The Leisure Hive) During his fifth incarnation, he attempted to travel to Brighton in 1880 but instead arrived in Hove in 2008. (AUDIO: Cuddlesome) The Sixth Doctor and Evelyn Smythe would later visit Brighton in 1936. (AUDIO: Pier Pressure)
- Litefoot mentions that his house is still in a state of disarray. (AUDIO: Chronoclasm)
- Jago told Abigail that Leela has slaughtered "monstrous dragons and Chinamen." (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- It was later revealed that both the Sandman and Abigail were created by Mr Kempston and Mr Hardwick from soil obtained from Bedfordshire. (AUDIO: The Hourglass Killers)