Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|First seen in:||What He Wants...|
|Other appearances:||see list|
Jones followed Alice Obiefune and the Eleventh Doctor out of a club after his first concert to confront them about their negative thoughts on his music. He sneaked into the TARDIS unnoticed and was transported to Mississippi in 1931. (COMIC: What He Wants...)
As a chameleon, Jones' true appearance was impossible to say because he routinely revamped himself. He once said to Alice, "The look I got from that last planet was ace. Takes time to glam meself up like that. I'm am artist." (COMIC: Space in Dimension Relative and Time)
- When he first met the Doctor and Alice, he had a relatively young adult with brown hair and grey eyes. (COMIC: What He Wants...)
- His second appearance had longer hair and a teenage body. His eye colour changed between brown and blue. (COMIC: Whodunnit? / The Sound of Our Voices)
- His third appearance had ginger haired adult with blue eyes and a large orange star covering right half of his face. (COMIC: Space in Dimension Relative and Time)
- His fourth appearance was chubby and middle aged, once again with brown hair and brown eyes. (COMIC: The Eternal Dogfight / The Infinite Astronaut)
- His fifth appearance was a blonde adult whose eyes changed between brown, blue, and grey. (COMIC: The Rise and Fall)
- His sixth appearance was a blue haired adult. (COMIC: Four Dimensions)
- His seventh appearance was a white haired adult. (COMIC: Give Free or Die)
Behind the scenes Edit
The character of Jones was inspired by real-life musician David Bowie. Bowie's birth name was David Jones. The title of his album Abanazar's Madness is a parody of Bowie's Aladdin Sane. Similarly, his aliases as the chameleon of pop, the Tall Pale Earl and Xavi Moonburst are similar to Bowie's aliases and characters as the chameleon of rock, the Thin White Duke and Ziggy Stardust, respectively.[source needed]