- You may be looking for the novel.
Just War was the fifth Bernice Summerfield audio drama produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the third in a trilogy of stories known as the "Time Ring Trilogy" whose arc element was the use of Bernice Summerfield and Jason Kane's wedding time rings, given to them when they were married in PROSE: Happy Endings.
Like Birthright this was adapted from a Virgin New Adventures novel, rather than from a Virgin Bernice Summerfield New Adventures which featured Bernice without the Doctor. The original novel of Just War featured the Seventh Doctor, Bernice Summerfield, Chris Cwej and Roz Forrester. For this audio adapation Bernice's role remains intact, whilst Jason Kane takes on a combination of the other characters' roles in the plot.
Just War also contained Evelyn Smythe actor Maggie Stables' first work for Big Finish. Like Colin Baker in the previous episode, Stables debuted here before going on to play a co-starring character for the main Doctor Who monthly line.
Publisher's summary Edit
"Tomorrow belongs to us, not you. If you were really from the future, Miss Summerfield, you would be a Nazi."
The Nazis occupy British soil and British citizens are being deported to European concentration camps. Those who do not co-operate with the Germans are shot.
And something, somewhere has gone wrong. The Nazis are building a secret weapon, one that will have a decisive effect on the outcome of the war - and it's up to Benny to put history back on course...
to be added
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Jason Kane - Stephen Fewell
- Oberst Oskar Steinmann - Michael Wade
- Standardtenfuhrer Joachim Wolff - Mark Gatiss
- Ma Doras - Maggie Stables
- Nurse Rosa Kitzel - Nicky Golding
- Private Franz Hutter - Anthony Keetch
- Private Gerhard Flur - Simon Moore
to be added
- Later stories in the Bernice Summerfield series - Paydirt and Dear Friend - reference both the original Just War and the audio Just War as having occurred to Benny.
- Jason mentions recently travelling to Babylon, (AUDIO: Walking to Babylon) and defeating insects in 1909. (AUDIO: Birthright)