|Main setting:||unnamed planet 82nd century, New York City 1985|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
|Printed in:||DWM 104|
|Release date:||September 1985|
|Reprinted in:||DWCC 19|
DWC S3 6
Doctor Who Classics Volume 6
Doctor Who Classics Omnibus Volume 2
|Format:||Comic - 1 part (8 pages)|
|DWM comic stories|
Kane's Story was a Sixth Doctor comic published in Doctor Who Magazine. It was the first story to feature the Skeletoids, who would form the basis of the comics' plot up until Frobisher's Story. It would also be the first DWM story to feature a companion seen on TV.
to be added
- The Doctor buys a burger and Kane demonstrates his telekinesis on it.
- The Skeletoids invade outposts on Sigma IV.
- Peri is living in New York City in 1985.
- The Skeletoids demolished both the Dalek and Cyberman empires.
- Peri, an American in New York City, tells her boss to find a new "skivvy," a British term meaning low-ranking domestic servant.
- This comic is the first of a four-part idiosyncratic series of titles, all following the template of "____'s Story", the blank getting filled with the name of the character focused on during each successive comic.
- The title Kane's Story, when paired with Abel's Story, forms a reference to Cain and Abel, two siblings mentioned in the book of Genesis of the Bible.
- A group of miniature penguins are seen watching the Doctor. These penguins first appeared in COMIC: Once Upon a Time-Lord, and will reappear in Party Animals and Time & Time Again.