|Main enemy:||The Cybermen|
|Main setting:||Mars orbit, 2100|
|Release date:||20 June 1996|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 256 Pages|
|Virgin Missing Adventures|
|The Sands of Time||The Scales of Injustice|
- "Imagine that you can live forever and life is totally free from pain. You can see all things with clarity, unblinkered by irrelevant details. You will never fear, never sicken, never lose control. That is what the Cybermen are offering."
The Cybermen have taken control and set up a breeding colony to propagate their own race. While the Doctor languishes in a cell at the mercy of the sadistic Overseers, Grant joins up with a group of rebels and works on a desperate rescue bid.
With time running out, the rebels move into action. But will their solution prove more deadly than the problem itself?
to be added
- Sixth Doctor
- Grant Markham
- Jean Markham
- Ted Henneker
- ArcHivist Hegelia
- ArcHivist Graduand Jolarr
- Arthur Lakesmith
- Ben Taggart
- Maxine Carter
Biologically modified species
- Ted Henneker helps create the Bronze Knights.
- Hegelia is an expert on Cyberhistory. She is one of the most respected ArcHivists from the ArcHive.
- ArcHivist Hegelia undergoes the Cyber-conversion process to satisfy her curiosity about what the process feels like.
- Cybermen are CyberNomads who were affected by the war with Voga and consequently have more organic components than any other model since the CyberMondasians.
- The Doctor contemplates suicide.
- The Doctor spends weeks in the TARDIS recovering from radiation poisoning sustained on board the Selacian warcraft.
- Grant has severe robophobia brought upon by early childhood memories of the Cybermen.
- Jean Markham was Grant's mother. Ben Taggart was his father.
- Ted Henneker leads the Agoran rebels.
- Arthur Lakesmith was the original rebel leader. He was mutilated as a warning to other colonists following a failed rebellion in 2176.
- This book is the second and final official appearance of companion Grant Markham in official media.
- The cover by Alister Pearson contains the only official image of Grant.
- Hegelia is from David Banks' Cybermen book.
- The Doctor exiled himself to Torrok (TV: The Ultimate Foe) and was forced to leave when the Time Lords revealed him to the Watchers. (PROSE: Time of Your Life)
- The Cybermen are those of the post-Cyber-Wars variant. (TV: Revenge of the Cybermen, AUDIO: Sword of Orion, Cyberman audio series)
- The Doctor refers to the painful beginnings of his third regeneration in the TARDIS. (TV: Planet of the Spiders)
- When discussing the subjects of government cover-ups with Grant, the Doctor mentions the Great Intelligence, (TV: The Web of Fear) the Autons, (TV: Spearhead from Space, TV: Terror of the Autons) the Axons (TV: The Claws of Axos) and the Zygons. (TV: Terror of the Zygons)
- Earth is still rebuilding after the decade long Dalek occupation. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- Grant had a recurring nightmare about being hunted by robots which was cured. (PROSE: Time of Your Life)
- The TARDIS has an emergency exit. (PROSE: Original Sin)
- The Doctor recalls his visit to Thoros-Beta in 2379. (TV: Mindwarp)
- Killing Ground at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Killing Ground at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Killing Ground