|Companion(s):||Adric, Nyssa, Tegan|
|Main setting:||Deva Loka|
|Publisher:||Target Books, W.H. Allen|
|Read by:||Peter Davison|
|Release number:||84 (shown on spine only)|
|Release date:||15 March 1984|
|Format:||Hardcover and paperback editions; 12 Chapters, 126 Pages|
|Four to Doomsday||Doctor Who and the Visitation|
Publisher's summary Edit
1984 edition Edit
Nothing could disturb the serene peace of the planet Deva-Loka - or could it? An expeditionary force from Earth is dangerously out of control—and it's not only from the peaceful race of the Kinda who are at risk...
But it is Tegan, lulled to sleep by mysterious wind-chimes, who comes the closest to the real danger that threatens not only her sanity but the existence of the whole planet...
Chapter Titles Edit
- Dangerous Paradise
- The Kinda
- The Box of Jhana
- The Mara
- The Change
- The Vision
- The Dream Cave
- The Wheel Turns
- The Path of the Mara
- The Attack
- The Face of the Mara
Deviations from televised story Edit
- The novel identifies Todd as "Doctor Todd".
- The relationship between Hindle and Sanders is explored in greater detail.
- The two unnamed members of the expedition who went missing before Roberts are referred to as Stone and Carter.
Writing and publishing notes Edit
- This was the final novelisation to use a fully photographic cover, and it was the final Target novelisation to feature the Doctor as part of the main art until The Savages was published several years later.
- Although number #84 in the Doctor Who library, the book was actually the 83rd to be released; this was because it was swapped in the publication order with the novelisation of Snakedance late in the day without the numbers being reassigned.
Additional cover images Edit
to be added
British publication history Edit
- W.H. Allen & Co. Ltd. UK
In August 1997, BBC Audio released an abridged audiobook version of the novel, read by Peter Davison.
It became part of the BBC MP3-CD Audio sampler Tales from the TARDIS Volume 1, "Ten hours on just one disc".