Kiss of Death was the one hundred and forty-seventh monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. Released in May 2011, it was the second story in a series of three stories featuring the Fifth Doctor along with Tegan Jovanka, Vislor Turlough and an older Nyssa who had re-joined them in 2010's previous series of three audio stories. This story notably features more information on Turlough's past and background, more so than in his departure story Planet of Fire.
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS travellers take a break on the beach world of Vektris. Hot sun, cold drinks and all the time in the worlds. What could possibly go wrong?
A kidnapping, a spaceship heist and a desperate chase to a distant galaxy later, Turlough finds himself in a strange winter palace... along with a face from his past. The Doctor, Tegan and Nyssa, meanwhile, fight to escape its frozen catacombs, guarded over by a vast and deadly alien Morass.
But what connects Turlough to the ancient treasure hidden somewhere in the palace? And how far will he go to acquire it?
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Tegan Jovanka - Janet Fielding
- Vislor Turlough - Mark Strickson
- Deela - Lucy Adams
- Rennol - Michael Maloney
- Hoss - Lizzie Roper
- Kanch / The Morass - John Banks
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor says he is rather good at 4-Dimensional chess.
- Tegan asks if Turlough's family inherited the planet of Enid Blyton.
- To hide that the Doctor and Nyssa survived the shuttle crash from Rennol, Hoss and Kanch, Tegan tells Turlough that they were killed and that they will "never see their native Earth again."
- Tegan refers to Heathrow Airport. (TV: Logopolis, The Visitation, Time-Flight), and Nyssa's departure on Terminus is alluded to, as well as her return 50 years later. (TV: Terminus, AUDIO: Cobwebs)
- The Doctor laments his lack of a sonic screwdriver, which was destroyed by the Terileptil leader in September 1666. (TV: The Visitation)
- Although the Doctor would later claim that Turlough had never mentioned his planet or his family, he discusses both of them at great length on this occasion, albeit not while the Doctor is present. (TV: Planet of Fire)
- Official Kiss of Death page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Kiss of Death at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide