|Lair of the Zenith|
|Main setting:||Earth, London, 22nd century|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 52|
|Release date:||3 September 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 4 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|Prey of the Zenith||The Time Stealer|
Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor has been captured by the Zenith ...
Having reversed the Zenith's mental signal, the Doctor has returned to being himself. He finds himself in the lair of the Zenith.
Despite the Doctor's warning, the Zenith are determined to conquer the Earth, but the Doctor reverses the signal again to take him back to where he left Donna. He removes the patch from Donna's hand and they head off to the hundred eighty-nine metre tall Telecom Tower (formerly known as Post Office Tower) by space-car.
Inside the Tower, while the Doctor sets up a firewall against the Zenith's signal. Donna is again given a patch by a hiding Zenith and is transformed. The Zenith commands the Doctor to stop his interference or Donna will be killed.
The Doctor knows that Donna would make the sacrifice and activates the firewall. The Zenith signal is cut off and Donna returns to her human form alive, the Zenith gone. Donna is unlikely to let the Doctor forget he was prepared to sacrifice her and he doesn't think it likely they'll land somewhere quieter next time!
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: his blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
Original print details Edit
- 4/4 DWBIT 52 (4 pages) THE END!
- No reprints to date.
to be added