Last of the Colophon was the fifth story in the third series of Fourth Doctor Adventures.
Publisher's summary Edit
The planet Colophos is a dead world. Nothing but dust and rubble — and the ruins of a once-great civilisation. But is it really as dead as it appears? When the Doctor and Leela land, joined by the crew of the Oligarch survey ship, it's not long before they receive a communication from one of the ruins. A communication from Astaroth Morax, the last of the Colophon. Attended by a sadistic robot nurse, Morax is in a wheelchair and bound in bandages to conceal his terrible injuries. But is he really as powerless as he seems? What became of the rest of his race — and why didn't he die with them?
Entering his lair, the Doctor uncovers a terrifying secret...
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Morax - Gareth Thomas
- Nurse Torvik/Computer - Jane Goddard
- Chief Surveyor Hardwick - John Voce
- Deputy Surveyor Sutton - Jessica Martin
- Pilot Kellaway - Blake Ritson
- The survey ship Oligarch was sent to Colophos by the Third Imperial Consortium, of which the Doctor has never heard.
- The Third Imperial Consortium is ruled by an emperor.
- Astaroth Morax is the last surviving Colophon. He was a brilliant scientist who ruthlessly sought absolute power. When the Patricians captured him and attempted to bring him to justice, he created a bacterium so powerful that it could wipe out his entire race. He developed an antidote and offered to cure his people on the condition that they bow to his tyranny. However, they refused to do so and they all died.
- This is the second consecutive Fourth Doctor audio drama to feature a Blake's 7 cast member in a major role as Michael Keating played Calvert in The Evil One.
- This story was recorded on 10 May 2012.
- Leela refers to Xoanon. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- Leela tells Morax that she has previously seen "men with boiled faces," referring to the Master and possibly Magnus Greel (AUDIO: Trail of the White Worm, The Oseidon Adventure, The Evil One TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Leela compares the Citadel to a Horda's warren. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor considers taking Leela to the Eye of Harmony but dismisses the idea, claiming that it is not in season. (TV: The Deadly Assassin)
- Leela refers to the fact that she has fought invisible enemies before. (TV: The Face of Evil)
- The Doctor tells Morax that he has previously met other invisible lifeforms. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan, The Ark, Planet of the Daleks)
- Leela refers to the janis thorn. (TV: The Face of Evil)