a real world point of view
|Le Tour de Death|
|Companion(s):||Amy Pond and Rory Williams|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Adventures |
|Release date:||21 June 2012|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|I Scream||The Sky is Falling!|
The Doctor takes Amy Pond and Rory Williams to the lava planet that hosts ‘Le Tour de Parisian Dix' – an extreme unicycling race. Eventually finding a path amidst the ever-changing path of lava, the new arrivals find themselves directly in the path of the unicyclists, causing a pile up of contestants.
The race leader picks up his unicycle and races off. Another competitor, armed with a ‘pulveriser’ badly disguised as a bicycle, seems intent on stopping him. The Doctor's gang pick up the unicycles and give chase. They soon catch up with the armed competitor, who is rendered unconscious.
He turns out to be a Galactic Marshal on the hunt for a dangerous criminal – the competitor in front. He isn’t trying to win but to escape! The Doctor shows some pretty nifty moves on his unicycle. He uses his sonic screwdriver to weaken the crust. The dangerous criminal is thrown off his unicycle and the Doctor wins the race – for a record eleventh time!
Named characters Edit
- The sonic screwdriver is used to weaken the planet's crust in order for lava to weaken the road – and win the race.
- The Doctor must be a regular secret visitor to have won the race eleven times.
- A ‘pulveriser’ is much more dangerous than a laser gun.
- Race commentary is provided by an elderly couple, one named Invok’dEL.
The Doctor implies that he invented extreme unicycling.
- The title is misleading – as nobody dies.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 274 (4 pages) DON’T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- The Doctor cries out Geronimo when excitedly getting on the unicycle.