Leadworth was the English village where Amy Pond, Rory Williams and Melody Pond spent a significant amount of their formative years. It was also the first place the TARDIS landed following the Doctor's regeneration into his eleventh self. (TV: The Eleventh Hour, Let's Kill Hitler)
Leadworth was likely located in Gloucestershire, since Amy once characterised the town as being half an hour by car from the nearest city, Gloucester. (TV: The Eleventh Hour) However, an edition of The Leadworth Chronicle — a paper which proclaimed its dedication to "local news" in its masthead – prominently featured an article detailing the triumph of the Colchester Knights, a football side. (TV: Let's Kill Hitler)
Leadworth had no airport nor a nuclear power station. It did have a post office, a parish church called Saint John's Church, a fire station and a hospital called Royal Leadworth Hospital, where Rory worked. (TV: The Eleventh Hour) It also had a football stadium where they sold football pies. (COMIC: Bow-ties for Goal Posts) Leadworth was located near a crop field. (TV: Let's Kill Hitler)
Some time before Easter 1996, a mysterious crack in time had opened in Leadworth, linking it to an Atraxi prison. It allowed the shape-changing Prisoner Zero to escape into the village. On Easter, the Doctor's TARDIS, piloted by the Eleventh Doctor, who had just regenerated and could not properly steer the damaged craft, crashed near Amy's house in her backyard.
In 2008, the village was invaded by the Atraxi, who had come in search of Prisoner Zero. The Doctor, for whom only a short time had passed, defeated Prisoner Zero and then ordered the Atraxi to leave. (TV: The Eleventh Hour)
Alternate versions Edit
Known residents Edit
this section needs to be converted to sourced prose
- Amy Pond
- Augustus and Tabetha Pond
- Rory Williams
- Brian Williams
- Dr Ramsden
- Mr Henderson
- Mrs Angelo
- Jeff Angelo
- Sharon (alternate timeline)
- Polly Browning
- Reg Browning
- Mrs Browning
Behind the scenes Edit
- Leadworth scenes are actually filmed at Llandaff in Cardiff, about half a mile away from the main BBC Wales building. However, the Upper Leadworth scenes in Amy's Choice were filmed in the South East Wales village of Skenfrith.
- During filming of The Eleventh Hour, Steven Moffat described Leadworth as "basically Trumpton." 
- If Leadworth truly is in Gloucestershire, then it joins a couple of other prominent fictional Gloucestrian locations. Moreton Harwood from A Girl's Best Friend and Stockbridge from various Doctor Who Magazine comic strips are also said to be from Gloucestershire — although Stockbridge has certainly moved around a lot over the years.