|Main setting:||The Leviathan, deep space, the 25th century|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Writer:||Brian Finch (Adapted by Paul Finch)|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||January 2010|
|Format:||2 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|The Lost Stories|
|Mission to Magnus||The Hollows of Time|
Publisher's summary Edit
No one lives to old age in the village. When their Time is come, they are taken and never seen again. That is The Way. And, should anyone try to break with the established order of things, then the fury of Herne the Hunter is unleashed...
When the TARDIS materialises near a castle in this mediaeval society, the Doctor and Peri befriend Gurth, a terrified youth who is attempting to flee his fate. And Herne is closing in...
The answers lie within a cave...
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- The Doctor – Colin Baker
- Peri – Nicola Bryant
- Gurth/Thurstan/Soltan - Howard Gossington
- Herne/Baron/Osbert/Chandris - John Banks
- Althya/Maude/Eada/Zeron - Beth Chalmers
- Wulfric/Edgar- Jamie Parker
- Siward//Master-Serjant/Gregorian - Derek Carlyle
- The Doctor believes that the Middle Ages is "an interesting period in its way, but in increasingly small doses."
- Faster-than-light travel was invented in the mid-22nd century, rendering the Leviathans obsolete before they could be used.
- Peri recognises the robotic hounds as a form of android.
- Unlike the other Lost Stories in the series, Leviathan was not written for Season 23. It was dropped at the last minute, having rehearsal scripts set up; the reasons for its cancellation are unknown, although David Richardson has suggested it was most likely for budgetary reasons.
- The script for this serial was sent in after Paul Finch read about the Lost Stories series in Doctor Who Magazine. Recording for the series was already nearing completion. After reading the script, Richardson arranged to extend the originally planned seven stories, which were already at the tail end of production, to include it as an eighth.
- This audio drama was recorded on 28 and 29 April 2009.
- Due to the large number of characters featured each of the secondary cast had to perform several roles.
- Peri mentions the possibility of Sil and Madamme Rana Zandusia sabotaging the TARDIS. (AUDIO: Mission to Magnus)
- The Third Doctor and Liz Shaw previously encountered the Sentinels of the New Dawn in 2014. (AUDIO: The Sentinels of the New Dawn) The Doctor reveals the Sentinels were driven off Earth in the 22nd century.
- Peri refers to being tortured. (TV: Vengeance on Varos)
- Peri is once again not surprised by the appearance of androids. She previously met them both on Androzani Minor (TV: The Caves of Androzani) and in Blackpool. (AUDIO: The Nightmare Fair)
- The Seventh Doctor would later visit another artificial environment where the inhabitants were broken down. (AUDIO: The Doomsday Quatrain)
- Official Leviathan page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Leviathan at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide