a real world point of view
|Listen - The Stars|
|Companion(s):||Jo Grant |
Captain Mike Yates
|Main enemy:||The Master|
|Main setting:||UNIT HQ, United Kingdom|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Annual 1974|
|Doctor Who annual|
|The Phaser Aliens||Out of the Green Mist|
Jo is working for Professor Mirko Vetich and he has created a device of great interest to the Master.
Professor Mirko Vetich has created an ionic vibrator. However, despite numerous tests alongside his assistant Jo Grant, it does not work. From afar, the Master watches his work. Mrs. Prentice, one of the cleaners at UNIT HQ, is working near the device when she falls and hits her head against it. When she regains her senses, she hears a voice in her head, the voice of Zex, a being from the gger system on the fourth paraleptic level of the galaxy. The Master uses his own ionic vibrator to contract Zex through hyperspace and convince him to help conquer Earth.
Zex possesses Mrs. Prentice and has her attack the soldiers at the Headquarters. She quickly overwhelms Mike Yates, the Brigadier and the soldiers. The Third Doctor and Mirko build an astro modulator, a device that upsets the equilibrium of beings from the fourth paraleptic level. After it is used against Zex, he is banished and Mrs. Prentice awakens. The Doctor tells her she banged her head, but will be fine now.
- Vetich develops an ionic vibrator. The Master also owns one.
- Zex comes from system of gger, on the fourth paraleptic level of the galaxy. His home planet is five hundred light-years from Earth.
- Through the ionic vibrator and hyperspace, Prentice can hear Zex' voice inside her head.
- Jo finds it a pleasant change to work for Mirko.
- While possessing Mrs. Prentice, Zex uses her mop as a weapon, throwing out force fields to hurl soldiers about.
Story notes Edit
- This story refers to the Doctor as "Doctor Who".