Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main character(s):||Winston Churchill|
|Main setting:||Britain, 55 B.C.|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Tom Webster|
|Part of:||The Churchill Years|
|Release date:||14 January 2016|
|The Churchill Years|
|Hounded||The Chartwell Metamorphosis|
Publisher's summary Edit
Finally given the chance to travel in the TARDIS, Winston Churchill cannot resist the opportunity of meeting Julius Caesar. But the trip does not go quite as planned. With the TARDIS gone, and Churchill stranded in ancient Britain with a young man he barely knows and who comes from the future, it seems things can hardly get any worse.
Until he is captured by the invading Romans.
Still, at least that means Churchill will meet Julius Caesar after all. But then Churchill learns of the Bronze God, feared and worshipped by the Ancient Britons. A god that he recognises as anything but divine when he meets it.
- Winston Churchill - Ian McNeice
- Kazran Sardick - Danny Horn
- Julius Caesar - Alistair Petrie
- Queen Tristahna - Laura Rogers
- Dalek - Nicholas Briggs
- Churchill is working on books on British history, specifically about the English-speaking peoples.
- Churchill gives his full name as Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
- Churchill says that he is religious.
- Churchill is one of Sardick's historical role models.
- This story was recorded on 27-28 July & 30 July-31 July 2015.
- As the Doctor only appears briefly in the story, instead focusing on Churchill and Sardick, it is a Doctor-lite story.
- For the Doctor and Kazran, the story takes place during the events of the 2010 Christmas Special, A Christmas Carol.
- The main plot - in which aliens crash land and become stranded on Earth - is similar to both the beginning of The Dalek Project and Plague of the Cybermen, other Eleventh Doctor stories which Justin Richards also wrote.
- Winston Churchill recognises the Daleks, having been introduced to them (TV: The Beast Below) through the Ironside Project. (TV: Victory of the Daleks)
- In his youth, Kazran Sardick travelled with the Eleventh Doctor alongside Abigail Pettigrew. (TV: A Christmas Carol)
- Churchill attempts to address a Roman soldier in Latin, only for the soldier to interpret his speech as Celtic, similar to Donna Noble's experience in Pompeii in August 79. (TV: The Fires of Pompeii)
- The Roman Empire would eventually succeed in conquering Britain in 43. The Roman occupation of Britain lasted until the early 5th century. (AUDIO: The Wrath of the Iceni)