Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Looking for Peter|
|Subject:||Peter R. Newman|
|Original to the DVD:||The Sensorites|
|Original release date:||January 2012|
|Interviewees:||Vera Newman, Helen O'Donaghue, Richard Bignell, Marcus Hearn, Tom Spilsbury, Rob Shearman|
|Executive producer:||Dan Hall|
Amongst the things established by this documentary were:
- The utter lack of any kind of scholarship about Newman within the Doctor Who community
- Newman's middle name was "Richard"
- An explanation of some of the rumours surrounding the enigmatic Newman
- His death date, a matter of some confusion
- His cause of death, also something poorly understood prior to this documentary (most notably, debunking the rumour that he committed suicide)
- An idea of his late-1950s career at Hammer Studios, including details of his only other major credit, the BAFTA-winning war film Yesterday's Enemy.
- An overview of his service during World War II
- An impression of what his life was like after The Sensorites, his last screen credit
- Photographs of Newman are shown and Hadoke is given a recording of the author reading some literature.
The documentary is featured on the Sensorites DVD in lieu of the standard "making of the story" featurette usually included on such releases.