Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main setting:||National Science Museum, London, 2014|
|Printed in:||DWA 159|
|Release date:||25 March 2010|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Borrowed Time||Attack of the Space Leeches!|
It's midnight in the Science Museum, London. Former companions of the Tenth Doctor Heather McCrimmon and Wolfgang Ryter are reunited. They face a "creature" built from museum parts held together by alien microbes inside a meteorite that have created a form with a psychic signal.
Wolfie traps the creature with the magnet of a huge crane. Heather bundles up the meteorite in a Stealth Blanket, blocking the psychic link. Yet as the two friends talk of and remember old times, they fail to notice the meteorite breaking out from beneath the blanket. Another "creature" is made by the psychic influence.
It is only the Doctor's timely appearance with a Mezon Energy Marble powerful enough to ignite the engine of an exhibit. With a blue blast he disintegrates the meteorite. Before they get a chance to speak to the Doctor, he is gone. Their last sight of him is a final goodbye from the TARDIS doorway; they are unaware the Doctor has a fatal amount of radiation poisoning and is on the verge of regenerating at any moment.
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self-contained, one-part stories were the norm.
- The story is set during The End of Time when the Tenth Doctor visited his former companions before he regenerated. This is consistent with the revelation in the The Sarah Jane Adventures story Death of the Doctor that he visited more companions than were actually shown on screen.
- The Tenth Doctor is featured wearing his brown suit and brown coat in this strip.
- Some four years after Heather left the Doctor, she has become an alien investigator by night and an archaeologist by day. Wolfie is an alien hunter who is studying for his degree in quantum physics. They reflect on their earlier adventures, including the Mozhtratta, Bigfoot, Blirvariox and the Whirling Wormhole of Wolverhampton in 1457.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 159 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK: New comic action with the Eleventh Doctor.
to be added