Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge was the one hundred and forty-first monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the third in a series of three audio stories featuring Sylvester McCoy, Philip Olivier and Sophie Aldred as the Seventh Doctor, Hex and Ace respectively. It was also the last story to feature this line up until Protect and Survive in July 2012.
Publisher's summary Edit
1934: the TARDIS lands on a snowy island off the coast of Alaska — one that wasn't there four years, three months and six days ago, according to the Doctor. The island is dominated by a vast, twisted citadel. Inside it, the Lurkers lie dreaming. It's said when they wake the world will end...
Led by the ruthless Emerson Whytecrag, an expedition has come to the citadel, to exploit the horrors in its ebon-dark interior. Horrors just like those published in the pages of the pulp magazine Shuddersome Tales, where a hero's only reward is madness, death... or worse.
Horrors that the Doctor and his companion are about to wake up.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- CP Doveday - Michael Brandon
- Dr Freya Gabriel - Kate Terence
- Emerson Whytecrag III - Stuart Milligan
- Professor August Corbin - Alex Lowe
- Slade - Sam Clemens
- Captain Akins - Duncan Wisbey
- Hex mentions Southport.
- The Fifth Doctor previously visited Alaska in 1964 and 1994 in the company of Nyssa. (AUDIO: The Land of the Dead)
- The TARDIS is still white. (AUDIO: The Angel of Scutari)
- Hex refers to seeing the Doctor come back from the dead. (AUDIO: A Death in the Family)
- The Doctor mentions that he has descended an ice cliff before, "though not particularly skillfully." (TV: Dragonfire)
- The TARDIS anoraks have "Yeti cloths" in their pockets. (TV: The Abominable Snowmen)
- The Karnas'koi are Elder Gods. (AUDIO: Black and White)
- Official Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide