a real world point of view
|Magic of the Angels|
|Main enemy:||The Weeping Angels|
|Main setting:||London, 2012|
|Release date:||2 February 2012|
|Format:||Paperback, 128 pages|
|Code of the Krillitanes||The Silurian Gift|
'No one from this time will ever see that girl again...'
The Doctor, Amy and Rory round off a sight-seeing tour round London with a trip to the theatre. That's when things start to go wrong.
The Doctor wonders why so many young girls are going missing from the area. When he sees Sammy Star's amazing magic act, he thinks he knows the answer. Sammy's glamorous assistant disappears at the climax of the act - but this is no stage trick.
The Doctor and his friends team up with residents of an old people's home to discover the truth. And together they find themselves face to face with a deadly Weeping Angel.
Whatever you do - don't blink!
to be added
- The Doctor puts magician props in a carpet bag that he says he got back from Mary Poppins.
- This novel was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor spends a significant portion of the novella wearing the outfit of the Third Doctor and Amy wears the sparkly catsuit which belonged to the Second Doctor's companion Zoe Heriot.
- This was the first Doctor Who Quick Reads book to be published since 2010, and the first to feature companions since 2007.
- The Doctor mentions fighting "witch monsters" in the Globe Theatre with William Shakespeare. (TV: The Shakespeare Code)
- The Doctor mentions "a pig flying a spaceship into Big Ben". (TV: Aliens of London)
- The Doctor mentions Autons in the Millennium Dome. (TV: Rose)