a real world point of view
|Companion(s):||Amy Pond and Rory Williams|
|Main setting:||England, 1745|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Printed in:||DWA 259|
|Release date:||8 March 2012|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|New and Improved||The Demons of Repton Abbey|
The Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams take a stagecoach journey through Malthill Woods, York in 1745 - and in full period costume! They are brought to a sudden halt when the driver refuses to go any further because of the ghost of Carole Rose, a highwaywoman known for robbing travellers. As a ghost appears and demands money or food, the stagecoach and its driver speed off.
Investigating, the Doctor is curious why a ghost would be interested in food. A scan with his sonic screwdriver reveals the ghost of Carole Rose is actually a shield-o-gram guarding a crashed spaceship. Its purpose to keep others away (by, for example, creating a fear drawn from local tales) and also to gather food and medical supplies. The sonic screwdriver leads the Doctor to the alien ship, a football-sized sphere that houses Fenfoff Fonfeffian. The creature is small, timid and very apologetic. The image of Carole Rose grew so powerful that it lost control. Reassuring the Fenfoff Fonfeffian that he means it no harm, the Doctor and friends carry it the long walk back to the TARDIS to return it home.
Named characters Edit
- The Doctor's sonic screwdriver is used to disable the shield-o-gram and is used to track an energy source back to the nearby crashed spaceship.
- For an unexplained reason (other than it's Rory), Rory is splattered in the face when a hatch in the football-shaped spacecraft is opened.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 259 (4 pages) DON'T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- Rory Williams, a bit of a movie-buff, refers to the Doctor defeating the shield-o-gram as being "ghost-busted", a reference to the Ghostbusters movie.