|Martha in the Mirror|
|Main enemy:||General Orlo,|
|Main setting:||Castle Extremis|
|Read by:||Freema Agyeman|
|Release date:||10 April 2008|
|Format:||Hardcover book, 245 pages|
|BBC New Series Adventures|
Martha in the Mirror was the sixteenth Tenth Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
Castle Extremis - whoever holds it can control the provinces either side that have been at war for centuries. Now the castle is about to play host to the signing of a peace treaty. But as the Doctor and Martha find out, not everyone wants the war to end.
Who is the strange little girl who haunts the castle? What is the secret of the book the Doctor finds, its pages made from thin, brittle glass? Who is the hooded figure that watches from the shadows? And what is the secret of the legendary Mortal Mirror?
The Doctor and Martha don't have long to find the answers - an army is on the march, and the castle will soon be under siege once more.
to be added
- Tenth Doctor
- Martha Jones
- High Minister Defron
- Manfred Grieg
- Lady Casaubon
- Secretary Chekz
- General Orlo
- Colonel Blench
- Professor Thorodin
- Page 21: Defron quotes Tony Blair.
- Page 23: The Doctor mentions "Light Wave Sickness", (a reference to TV: Planet of the Daleks)
- Page 135: The Doctor uses an Everlasting Match.
- Page 140: (Dimensional) Osmosis Damper. (See TV: Nightmare of Eden.)
- Page 164: Subtle reference to TV: The Horns of Nimon.
- Page 231: The Doctor mentions "...a girl with a red balloon," setting this story after TV: The Family of Blood.
- The Doctor uses the Sonic Screwdriver to detect landmines, something he previously did in DW: The Sea Devils.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Mortal Mirror was created by the Darksmith Collective, which makes an appearance in The Darksmith Legacy series of books.
- The Doctor references TV: Family of Blood, saying that the Mortal Mirror can't be a real mirror or it would have "a girl with a red balloon" inside it.
Audio release Edit
- An abridged reading of the story was released as an audiobook on 2x CD read by Freema Agyeman.
- The audiobook was released in a box set along with Snowglobe 7 and The Many Hands, under the collective title New Adventures.
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Martha in the Mirror at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Martha in the Mirror