|Main character(s):||The Master|
|Featuring:||Ruth Matheson, Charlie Sato|
|Main setting:||The Vault, 21st century|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Read by:||Geoffrey Beevers, Daphne Ashbrook, Yee Jee Tso|
|Cover by:||Anthony Lamb|
|Release date:||10 July 2013|
|Format:||1 Part, 1 CD|
|The Companion Chronicles|
|Council of War||The Alchemists|
Mastermind was the sixty-ninth release in the Companion Chronicles audio range. It was the first story of season 8. It was written by Jonathan Morris and featured the Master. The other characters in this story were played by Daphne Ashbrook and Yee Jee Tso, actors who had starring roles in the Doctor Who movie.
Publisher's summary Edit
This is his story.
to be added
- The Master boarded the RMS Titanic in 1912, unaware of its eventual fate, and escaped in a lifeboat when it sank.
- Excalibur is held in the Vault.
- This story was recorded on 11 May 2012.
- Charlie refers to the Thames Mead Massacre in London in 2012. (AUDIO: The Curse of Davros)
- Charlie refers to the Master's aliases of Professor Emil Keller (TV: The Mind of Evil), Reverend Magister (TV: The Dæmons) and Professor Thascalos (TV: The Time Monster).
- The Master tells Charlie that he is "known as the Master...universally." (TV: Terror of the Autons)
- The Master references the events of TV: Doctor Who and PROSE: Forgotten.
- The Master refers to his current form as a "Morphant Deathworm." (PROSE: The Eight Doctors; COMIC: The Fallen)
- After stealing the body of Don Maestro's son Michael, the Master is elated at having "a new body at last." (TV: The Keeper of Traken)
- After following under the Master's influence, Charlie and Ruth were sent to Fortress Island, which had become a retirement home for ex-UNIT operatives who posed a security risk. They were later brought back into active service by Captain Mike Yates, who needed their help to investigate what had happened to the Vault since they had left. (AUDIO: The Screaming Skull)