Publisher's summary Edit
When the Doctor decides to stop a war, the last thing he expects is to be trapped aboard a doomed spaceship with his oldest friend — who just happens to also be his oldest enemy. The Master is just as surprised: this isn't part of his master plan.
The clock is ticking, and not everyone can make it out alive...
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- The Master - Alex MacQueen
- Sally Armstrong - Natalie Burt
- Narvin - Sean Carlsen
- The Eminence/Professor Markus Schriver - David Sibley
- Captain/Lieutenant - John Banks
- Borusa was the tutor of both the Doctor and the Master.
- The Doctor quotes Seneca, "there is no genius without a touch of madness", noting that he knew that even before he met him.
- This is the last Dark Eyes to feature Sally Armstrong.
- The Celestial Intervention Agency allowed the Master to read up on the Doctor's past. He mentions the fates of Lucie Miller, Tamsin Drew and Alex Campbell. (AUDIO: To the Death)
- The Master gloats that many have sacrificed their lives in the Doctor's name and that the Doctor runs away because of them, similar to Davros' later confrontation with the Tenth Doctor. (TV: The Stolen Earth)
- Liv tells Sally that the Master doesn't really need her but just someone to hold his test tubes and tell him how wonderful he is. This closely resembles what the Brigadier once told the Doctor about his companions. (TV: Terror of the Autons)
- The Doctor mentions his friendship with Harry Houdini. (AUDIO: Smoke and Mirrors)
- Shriver gets a job offer from a company in Orion. (AUDIO: Eye of Darkeness)