- You may wish to consult
Matrix (disambiguation)for other, similarly-named pages.
The novel is notable for depicting what could be the demise of the Valeyard.
Publisher's summary Edit
"I won't fight you."
"Oh, but you will." The voice twisted and cracked. Fury and madness tore through it. "You will fight me, Doctor!"
The Doctor is on the run from a faceless enemy that knows his every thought and move. He flees to his past, planning to leave Ace in safe hands in order to fight on alone. But his enemy has other plans, and the Doctor's history no longer exists.
The TARDIS is finally drawn to London in the winter of 1888, where the Doctor and Ace discover a dark secret from Gallifrey's past, and the name of their unseen opponent. It is Jack the Ripper.
to be added
- The Doctor
- Ian Chesterton
- Barbara Wright
- The Valeyard
- Barney Slipman
- de Vries
- Jane Treddle
- Jed Barrow
- Samuel Jefford
- Peter Ackroyd
- Tiny Ron
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor recalls watching a Gallifreyan dawn with his father.
- The Valeyard's schemes bring the Seventh Doctor face-to-face with dark alternate versions of his other selves who have been corrupted by him. These include:
Story notes Edit
- Perry and Tucker originally pitched this novel for the Virgin New Adventures.
- This story is a sequel to the the television story The Trial of a Time Lord.
- The comic story Ripper's Curse and TV episode A Good Man Goes to War provide different accounts for Jack the Ripper.