Metamorphosis was a Seventh Doctor comic strip published in the 1993 Doctor Who Yearbook. One of the few comic stories to be intended for publication in colour prior to the use of digital colouring, it involved the Seventh Doctor slowly turning into a Dalek.
Publisher's summary Edit
Part one Edit
Part two Edit
The second part of Cornell and Sullivan's new comic strip. The villains have been exposed, and now the Doctor and Ace must find a way to defeat them!
to be added
- Time Lord bodies are very malleable under the right conditions.
- The Daleks recognise Ace in their archive.
- They are lead by a Black Dalek and a Red Dalek.
- The Doctor creates a telepathic link with a Dalek.
- This story is of interest to scholars of Doctor Who, as Steven Moffat included one of its observations — that the first syllable of "Exterminate!" sounds like the word eggs — in TV: Asylum of the Daleks.
- Ace wears a skin-tight combat outfit and handles weapons, implying a Virgin Era, if not specifically Spacefleet Era, Ace. Interweaving with the New Adventures places this story after Cat's Cradle: Witch Mark.
- The title is a reference to the Franz Kafka story of the same name, which tells the tale of a man transforming into an insect and the horrified reactions of those he knows.
- The Doctor mentions Earth's genetic pool becoming "muddy" after the Draconian Wars. (TV: Frontier in Space)
- The Doctor's mutating body emits Numismaton Gas. (TV: Planet of Fire)
- The Doctor deposited the Timewyrm's mind into a mindless baby, similar to the blank embryos. (PROSE: Timewyrm: Revelation)
- The Daleks are creating Human/Dalek hybrids (TV: Revelation of the Daleks, The Parting of the Ways, Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks) to add a Human Factor to their design. (TV: The Evil of the Daleks)
- The Daleks know the Doctor as Ka Faraq Gatri. (AUDIO: Afterlife)