a real world point of view
|Main character(s):||Romana II|
K9 Mark II
|Featuring:||Lord President Braxiatel|
Acting Lord President Valyes
|Main enemy:||Inquisitor Prime Darkel|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Release number:||Chapter Thirteen|
|Release date:||July 2006|
|Gallifrey - Series Three|
Publisher's summary Edit
"They used to tell me at the Academy that anyone could become president. I'm beginning to believe it."
The first presidential election for millennia is about to be held on Gallifrey. But in the wake of the civil war that has torn the Time Lords apart, can even an election restore calm and order?
And what of the candidates? Darkel -- determined to win at any cost... Matthias - a dark horse with his own agenda... Romana -- impeached for high treason...
But even as the candidates manoeuvre and plan, an assassin stalks the galleries of the panopticon. Gallifrey will soon have a new president, but at what cost? How many people will have to die? And which -- if any -- of the contenders will survive?
to be added
- Former Lady President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- K9 Mark II - John Leeson
- Inquisitor Prime Darkel - Lynda Bellingham
- Coordinator Narvin - Sean Carlsen
- Acting Lord President Valyes - Steven Wickham
- Cardinal Matthias - Stephen Perring
- Captain Henzil - John Dorney
- Acting Castellan Annos - Dickon Tolson
- Commander Janartis - Charlie Ross
- Surgeon-Master Elbon - Paul Gruert
- Lord Delox - Roger Parrott
- Guardsman Robersuun - Dave Cromarty
- Irving Braxiatel - Miles Richardson
- This story marks the death of Inquisitor Prime Darkel.
- Article 17 was mentioned and used by the Doctor in TV: The Deadly Assassin.
- The Morbius affair is seen (in varying degrees) in TV: The Brain of Morbius and PROSE: Warmonger.
- Braxiatel uses the presidential suite (complete with lead lined walls) which appeared in TV: The Invasion of Time.
- Official Mindbomb page at bigfinish.com
- Detailed synopsis of Mindbomb at the Doctor Who Reference Guide