|Main character(s):||Human, Draconian, Field Major Sarg|
|Main setting:||An asteroid, the 26th century|
|Format:||30 minute, VHS|
|Shakedown: Return of the Sontarans||Mindgame Trilogy|
- You may be looking for Mindgame Trilogy.
On an asteroid in space, Sontaran Field Major Sarg is transmatted from a battlefield to a prison cell with three beds and a mirror that serves as a door. He is monitored by an unseen lupine alien who watches the cell and removes Sarg's gun through some unknown teleport. When he attempts to leave through the mirror, he is knocked out by a device similar to a sonic disruptor.
A Draconian attending a military assembly arrives. His knife disappears as well. He and the Sontaran discuss where they could be. Sarg thinks he is the enemy. A human female arrives from serving as a mercenary on a reconnaissance run. She holds them at gunpoint, but her gun vanishes. As they discuss their whereabouts the alien observes that Sarg is quick to react whereas the Draconian and human are thinkers.
It turns out the three beings represent their races and that the asteroid serves as an interdimensional prison from which there is no escape. They must fight each other so the alien can judge which species his people should join forces with to conquer the galaxy, though they would be in control. The Draconian and human refuses to fight and gang up on the Sontaran when he tries to kill the human, seeing that he would be set free if he did so. They convince him the fight would not be honourable and the alien offers pain over death. They are attacked by a sonic device and are knocked out.
When they revive, they agree to fight. The beds disappear from the prison cell and three Draconian knives materialise. The human blinds Sarg with her jacket as the Draconian stabs him. Then he stabs the human. The alien enters through the mirror with a gun and meets the Draconian. The human rises and grabs the gun while Sarg holds the alien. They co-operated to escape and so the alien deems the experiment on them a failure. The self-destruct countdown begins. When the alien begins to transmat to his own dimension, the human gives him a message to carry back to his people; she shoots and kills him as he beams away.
Reaching the alien's control station, the human sees that the transmat is similar to human transmats and, asking herself what the Professor would do, reverses the polarity of the neutron flow. Since Sarg was the first to arrive, he must go first and there is no certainty that he will be returned to the Sontaran Empire. He returns to the cell and is transmatted away, followed by the Draconian. The human sets the transmat on a time delay and races to the cell. She is beamed away a few seconds before the asteroid fades into nothing, uttering the word "wicked".
to be added
- The human refers to someone she calls 'the professor', the same name that Ace used to refer to the Doctor.
- The human exclaims 'wicked' when being teleported away from the asteroid. Ace often used this word to express her excitement.
Story notes Edit
- This is the only story in this particular spin-off to include profanity, such as the human's usage of the word 'bastard'.
Filming locations Edit
- The film was made at the University of Westminster in North London.
Production errors Edit
- In one of the scenes with the Alien in the control room, a boom microphone appears on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
to be added
DVD, video, and vod releases Edit
- The film was released on VHS tape in 1998 and on DVD in 2003.
- It was rereleased on DVD and digitally through Vimeo's video on demand service on 1 April 2015, alongside the making of.