Mission of the Viyrans was a one-part story released along with The Mind's Eye. Unlike other one-part stories, it is not connected to the main story with which it was released nor does it have the same cast as the relevant story, given that this story does not feature Erimem, played by Caroline Morris. Nevertheless, it continued a virus strain story arc which concluded with Patient Zero.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor and Peri take a holiday on the planet Grallista Social, but soon discover they aren't the only time-travelling aliens in town.
Full audio Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Peri Brown / The Viyrans - Nicola Bryant
- Lawrence - Peter Sowerbutts
- Chris - Philip Childs
Foods and beverages Edit
- Grallistan punch deserves its reputation for potency.
- The Viyrans attempt to wipe Peri's memories but they fail 338 times to achieve "Memory Zero."
- The Viyrans come from a galaxy which has known only war for millennia.
- Mission of the Viyrans is only one episode long. The remaining three episodes on the two discs are part of The Mind's Eye.
- Big Finish made this story available for download on its own in 2009.
- This story takes place after the audio story The Bride of Peladon in spite of the fact that it was released earlier.
- This story was recorded on 25 and 27 July 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- The third edition of AHistory arbitrarily places this story in 2684 (Grallista Social seems to be a human planet, and it's the first time the Viyrans have encountered humanity).
- The original title of this story was Patient Zero. It had to be changed because of a similar title in Torchwood.
- Peri recalls her imaginary stepson Kyle (AUDIO: The Mind's Eye), meeting Dracula in Ungro-Wallachia in June 1462 (AUDIO: Son of the Dragon) and Erimem's departure from the TARDIS on Peladon in the 41st century (AUDIO: The Bride of Peladon).
- During his sixth incarnation, the Doctor would later return to Grallista Social in the company of Charley Pollard. (AUDIO: Patient Zero)
- The mutagenic virus which infected Peri was one of the millions of viruses which were accidentally released from the Amethyst Viral Containment Station in the far future and spread throughout time and space. (AUDIO: Patient Zero)
- Official Mission of the Viyrans page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Mission of the Viyrans at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide