|Companion(s):||John and Gillian|
|Main setting:||The Moon, 20 July 1970|
|Printed in:||TV Comic 710-712|
|Release date:||24 July - 7 August 1965|
|Reprinted in:||DWCC 22|
|Format:||Comic - 3 parts (6 pages)|
|TVC comic stories|
|Challenge of the Piper||Time in Reverse|
to be added
- Published in 1965, this story makes the remarkable prediction that the first manned Moon landing would occur on 20 July (which it did in real life), and was otherwise off by only one year. The 1969 Moon landing by Apollo 11 was later confirmed in PROSE: Who Killed Kennedy and TV: Day of the Moon.
- This story is given the title of "Moonshot" in the "Comics Checklist" section of DWM 62.
- The Doctor's first on-screen visit to the Moon was in TV: The Moonbase, two years before NASA did so in real life.
- The Doctor later has an adventure involving the lunar-landing in TV: Day of the Moon.
- Martha Jones and the Doctor later witness the lunar landing — twice — according to TV: Blink.