- You may be looking for be looking for the television story with a similar name.
Circa the 2050s the Gravitron (a device capable of gravitationally manipulating the tides on Earth and through them its weather) was installed. By the 2070s it was connected to the Earth by monthly shuttle rocket runs.
In 2070 the base seemed to be struck by a disease. This was in fact a prelude to an attack by Cybermen. The Cybermen wanted to take the base and use the Gravitron to destroy life on Earth, eliminating it as a threat. They failed, and though the normal operations of the Gravitron were briefly disturbed, eventually it resumed normal operations. (TV: The Moonbase)
Other information Edit
- At another point in the 21st century the Moonbase controlled the Earth's T-Mat system and was attacked by the Ice Warriors. (TV: The Seeds of Death)
- In the 2190s the Moonbase was still cut off from the Earth following the Dalek Invasion. (AUDIO: An Earthly Child)
- There was a Moonbase Academy in the 24th century. (PROSE: The Dimension Riders)
- In an alternate timeline created by Elizabeth Klein, the Moonbase was attacked in 2044 by the Selachians. (AUDIO : The Architects of History)