Murder was a criminal offence involving the killing of one or more individuals.
Murdering a being could result in numerous penalties. Common ones were life imprisonment and execution. Killing beings on a battlefield did not usually count as murder. A killing classified as murder usually meant it was a targeted attack on a single individual. It was one of the most serious crimes in the universe.
Murder can be contrasted with genocide, which involved the deaths of entire populations.
Examples of murder Edit
- In December 1916, the Russian mystic Grigori Rasputin was murdered by Prince Felix Yusupov and his co-conspirators Grand Duke Dmitri Pavlovich and Vladimir Purishkevich in the Moika Palace, Prince Felix's residence, in St. Petersburg in St. Petersburg. (PROSE: The Wages of Sin)
- On 11 June 1925, George Cranleigh murdered several servants at Cranleigh Hall in Oxfordshire. The Fifth Doctor was accused of having committed these murders. (TV: Black Orchid)
- In June 1926, Professor Gerald Peach, Miss Chandrakala and Roger Curbishley were murdered by the Vespiform Reverend Arnold Golightly. He did so in the style of Agatha Christie's novels. (TV: The Unicorn and the Wasp)
- The Master murdered many people. His victims included Tegan Jovanka's aunt Vanessa and a policeman when they found his TARDIS in London on 28 February 1981. (TV: Logopolis) Another of the Master's victims was Thomas Milligan, whom he murdered with his laser screwdriver in an alternative timeline in 2008. (TV: Last of the Time Lords)
- In 1985, Shockeye of the Quawncing Grig murdered Oscar Botcherby for asking him for money. The Sixth Doctor later murdered Shockeye with cyanide. (TV: The Two Doctors)
- Oswald Danes was a convicted murderer, rapist and paedophile. In 2006, he raped and murdered 12-year-old Susie Cabina. (TV: The New World)
- On 25 December 2006, the Tenth Doctor accused Harriet Jones of mass murder when she ordered Torchwood to shoot down the escaping ship full of Sycorax. (TV: The Christmas Invasion)
- In 2008, Lucy Saxon murdered the Master with a gun. (TV: Last of the Time Lords)
- River Song was convicted in the 52nd century of murdering the Eleventh Doctor at Lake Silencio on 22 April 2011, but the Doctor faked his death using a Teselecta double, of which she was aware. (TV: Flesh and Stone, The Wedding of River Song)
- The Fourth Doctor murdered Mehendri Solon by injecting cyanide gas into his laboratory. (TV: The Brain of Morbius)
- In 2367, the Eleventh Doctor murdered Solomon by placing a beacon (being tracked by missiles) on Solomon's spaceship. The missiles made contact with his spaceship moments later, killing Solomon. (TV: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship)
- In 2472, Captain Dent murdered Eric and Jane Leeson using an IMC robot while using a visual trick to shift the blame on a giant lizard. (TV: Colony in Space)
- In 4126, Klineman Halpen murdered Dr Ryder by throwing him into the Ood Brain. (TV: Planet of the Ood)
- A Dalek, pretending to help humans of the Dalek Foundation, murdered some survivors of a train crash and the medics tending to them while there were no witnesses. (PROSE: The Dalek Generation)
- In 50,000, the bounty hunter Ahab murdered Zanthus Pia. He tried shifting the blame on K9. (TV: The Bounty Hunter)
- In the far future, Sarah Jane Smith declared Styre a murderer after he killed Roth as he ran away. (TV: The Sontaran Experiment)