Jago & Litefoot.
They arrive at a gathering of Sherlock Holmes fans, who are mourning the death of their idol at Reichenbach Falls.
Then death arrives at Moorsey Manor, in the most ingenious of ways...
to be added
- Professor George Litefoot - Trevor Baxter
- Henry Gordon Jago - Christopher Benjamin
- Frederick Fox - Adrian Rawlins
- Miss Florence Woolley/Beatrice the Maid - Lizzie Roper
- Dr Reginald Peacock - Philip Pope
- Major Fanshaw - Patrick Drury
- Private Willis - Alex Mallinson
- Edward Merridew - Brian Protheroe
- Miss Florence Woolley's father was killed in the Crimean War.
- This story was largely recorded on 18 December 2012, with additional recording on 20 December, 7 March and 16 April 2013.
- Sgt. Quick has managed to track down Private Willis to Moorsey Manor. (AUDIO: The Monstrous Menagerie)
- It has been exactly one year since the final Sherlock Holmes story, The Final Problem, was published in The Strand in December 1893. (PROSE: The Bodysnatchers; AUDIO: The Monstrous Menagerie)
- Jago refers to the fact that Arthur Conan Doyle plans to write further Sherlock Holmes stories, including The Hound of the Baskervilles. (AUDIO: The Monstrous Menagerie)
- Jago mentions that Litefoot is an Orientalist. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- Inspector Frederick Abberline previously met the Eleventh Doctor, Amy Pond and Rory Williams while investigating the Jack the Ripper murders in August 1888. (COMIC: Ripper's Curse)
- Prior to his murder, Private Willis told Abberline that Jago and Litefoot were innocent of attempting to assassinate Queen Victoria. (AUDIO: The Wax Princess)