Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
History of music styles Edit
By mid-2596 some music could be classified as "club-generic, layered, white-noise structures, underlaid with low-level, subsonic dynamics operating directly on the limbic system". (PROSE: Return to the Fractured Planet)
Genres of music Edit
This article contains far too many bulleted lists. These sections should be converted into normal prose.
- Rock and roll (PROSE: Cat's Cradle: Witch Mark)
- Hardcore industrial techno (PROSE: Eternity Weeps)
- German industrial house (PROSE: Eternity Weeps)
- Jazz (PROSE: Dragons' Wrath)
- Disco music (PROSE: Beyond the Sun)
- Easy-listening music (PROSE: Mean Streets)
- Waltz music (PROSE: Dry Pilgrimage)
- Martial music (PROSE: Dry Pilgrimage)
- Thrashmetal (PROSE: The Sword of Forever)
- Blues (PROSE: The City of the Dead)
- Classical music (TV: The End of the World)
Music uses Edit
Allusions to music Edit
Time Lords Edit
Gallifreyans demonstrated they valued music as a respected art. Adric thought Old High Gallifreyan sounded musical. (PROSE: Cold Fusion) A painting of Rassilon showed him with a harp and sheet music. The Fifth Doctor induced this was the key to Rassilon's Tower and played the painted music on the harp, opening the secret passage. Details of Rassilon's entombment were passed down as a nursery rhyme, which the Second Doctor sang. (TV: The Five Doctors)
The First Doctor was occasionally fond of singing and proud of his ability to "charm the birds from the trees." (TV: The Chase) He had used a perigosto stick in the Time Lord Academy to make music. He and the Master played in a band together in school. (PROSE: Deadly Reunion)