a real world point of view
|Companion(s):||Peri, Erimem, Antranak|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||David Darlington|
|Cover by:||Lee Binding|
|Release date:||February 2003|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Jubilee||The Dark Flame|
Nekromanteia was the forty-first monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. Starring Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor with his companions Peri Brown played by Nicola Bryant and Erimem played by Caroline Morris. It was the third story to feature this line up of Doctor and companions. This is writer Austen Atkinson's only contribution to Doctor Who
In the depths of space a little known district harbours a terrible secret. Long known as a place of death, it claims thousands more lives as a great corporate space-fleet goes to war. As the fleet screams out in fear and pain, an irresistible voice calls out to three travellers and a macabre mind sets a deadly trap.
The Doctor, Peri and Erimem face the terrors of Talderun and the wrath of a corporate empire as they struggle to understand the hideous secret of the domain of the dead -- a district known in legend as Nekromanteia.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- Erimem - Caroline Morris
- Jal Dor Kal - Gilly Cohen
- Harlon - Glyn Owen
- Cochrane - Kerry Skinner
- Marr - Ivor Danvers
- Tallis - Kate Brown
- Rom - Nigel Fairs
- Salaysian - Andrew Fettes
- Paul Addison / Shara - Simon Williams
- Thesanius - Gary Russell
- The Doctor doesn't have enough Garazone credits to pay for equipment for his TARDIS.
- The 2060 Olympic Games take place in Barcelona. The Doctor has persuaded the committee to accept Cricket as a sport.
- Peri's home town of Baltimore is in ruins after the 22nd century Dalek invasion. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- This story marks the final appearance of Erimem's cat, Antranak.
- Glyn Owen (Harlon) previously played Rohm-Dutt in TV: The Power of Kroll.
- Simon Williams (Paul Addison / Shara) previously played Group Captain Ian Gilmore in TV: Remembrance of the Daleks and would later reprise the role in the Big Finish audio spin-off series Counter-Measures.
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 and 19 December 2002 at The Moat Studios.
- Official Nekromanteia page at bigfinish.com
- Detailed synopsis of Nekromanteia at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for Nekromanteia at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide