Nekromanteia was the forty-first story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Austen Atkinson and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Nicola Bryant as Peri Brown and Caroline Morris as Erimem.
Publisher's summary Edit
In the depths of space a little known district harbours a terrible secret. Long known as a place of death, it claims thousands more lives as a great corporate space-fleet goes to war. As the fleet screams out in fear and pain, an irresistible voice calls out to three travellers and a macabre mind sets a deadly trap.
The Doctor, Peri and Erimem face the terrors of Talderun and the wrath of a corporate empire as they struggle to understand the hideous secret of the domain of the dead — a district known in legend as Nekromanteia.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Peri Brown - Nicola Bryant
- Erimem - Caroline Morris
- Jal Dor Kal - Gilly Cohen
- Commander Harlon - Glyn Owen
- Cochrane - Kerry Skinner
- Wendle Marr - Ivor Danvers
- Tallis - Kate Brown
- Yal Rom / Guard - Nigel Fairs
- Salaysia - Andrew Fettes
- Paul Addison / Shara - Simon Williams
- Thesanius - Gary Russell
- Comms Officer - Jack Galagher
- Soldier - John Ainsworth
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor doesn't have enough Garazone credits to pay for equipment for his TARDIS.
- The 2060 Olympic Games take place in Barcelona. The Doctor has persuaded the committee to accept cricket as a sport.
Earth locations Edit
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 and 19 December 2002 at The Moat Studios.
- This story contained the final appearance of Antranak, Erimem's cat.
- Erimem knows what gunpowder is thanks to her experiences in AUDIO: The Church and the Crown.
- Both the Doctor and Peri mention the alien entity in Antranak's mind. (AUDIO: The Eye of the Scorpion)
- Official Nekromanteia page at bigfinish.com; note that it is out of print and is available as download only.
- DisContinuity for Nekromanteia at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide