"Never Gonna Give You Up" was a song that played on Pete Tyler's car radio on his way to church for Stuart Hoskins and Sarah Clark's wedding on 7 November 1987. Rose Tyler, in the car with him, was confused when the song turned into anachronistic hip-hop music. It was sung by Rick Astley in the version heard in the car. (TV: Father's Day)
- I just want to tell you how I'm feeling
- Got to make you understand
- Never gonna give you up
- Never gonna let you down
- Never gonna run around and desert you
- Never gonna make you cry
- Never gonna say goodbye
- Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
- We've known each other for so long
- Your heart's been aching, but
- You're too shy to say it
- Inside, we both know what's been going on...
Behind the scenes Edit
- The inserting of the Rick Astley recording of "Never Gonna Give You Up" into TV shows and YouTube videos as a practical joke is known as "Rickrolling". This practice did not begin, however, until two years after "Father's Day" was first broadcast.