Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Never Gonna Give You Up" was a song that played on Pete Tyler's car radio on his way to church for Stuart Hoskins and Sarah Clark's wedding on 7 November 1987. Rose Tyler, in the car with him, was confused when the song turned into anachronistic hip-hop music. It was sung by Rick Astley in the version heard in the car. (TV: Father's Day)
- I just want to tell you how I'm feeling
- Got to make you understand
- Never gonna give you up
- Never gonna let you down
- Never gonna run around and desert you
- Never gonna make you cry
- Never gonna say goodbye
- Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
- We've known each other for so long
- Your heart's been aching, but
- You're too shy to say it
- Inside, we both know what's been going on...
Behind the scenes Edit
- The inserting of the Rick Astley recording of "Never Gonna Give You Up" into TV shows and YouTube videos as a practical joke is known as "Rickrolling". This practice did not begin, however, until two years after "Father's Day" was first broadcast.