New Girl was the first audio story in Torchwood One: Before the Fall.
Publisher's summary Edit
It's Rachel Allan's first day at Torchwood. Torchwood only takes the brightest and the best – and Rachel’s wondering if Yvonne Hartman’s made a terrible mistake in picking her.
to be added
- Yvonne Hartman - Tracy-Ann Oberman
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Dean - Gerard McCarthy
- Rachel Allan - Sophie Winkleman
- Thomas - Tim Bentinck
- Guleraana - Nisha Nayar
- Pippa - Lorelei King
- Kieran Frost - Damian Lynch
Bad Wolf Edit
- Ianto explains that General R. Asquith is currently on the hunt for terrorists following recent events.
- Ianto felt he had to leave Wales due to his father not being able to accept a certain life-choice of his. He felt his mother and sister were more "Welsh".
- Adeola is present at Torchwood's "party".
- Rachel and another employee decide to go shopping at Henrik's after work.
- Ianto is investigating an alien matter transmitter at the Royal Hope Hospital.
The Doctor Edit
- One of Torchwood's prime objectives is to find the Doctor.
- The "old Torchwood" used to just shoot aliens dead rather than use them to their own advantage.
- Torchwood was founded by Queen Victoria to defend Great Britain against aliens.
- Yvonne thinks that classical music is the key to keeping her staff calm and happy. There is a pianist playing in the entrance of Canary Wharf.
- Torchwood has a constant problem with tourists wandering into the building, unaware that it is a secret institute.
- Torchwood uses sentient technology in the lifts that recognise you and allow you to select music to play.
- Rachel mentions how Torchwood was founded by Queen Victoria. (TV: Tooth and Claw)
- On a couple of occasions, Yvonne and the other staff have to correct Rachel when she says "you" instead of "we", when referring to Torchwood. (TV: Day One)
- Ianto visits the Royal Hope Hospital to investigate an alien matter transmitter. (TV: Smith and Jones)
- Intending to pay Mr. Jackson a visit, Yvonne asks Ianto to talk to Raj about the time lock. (AUDIO: One Rule)
- Yvonne Hartman proclaims happiness by using her catchphrase "Happy Day", followed by a round of applause. (TV: Army of Ghosts, AUDIO: One Rule)
- Pippa loves Ianto's coffee and claims that it's the best she's had. (TV: Everything Changes et al)
- Torchwood uses retcon in drinks to make people forget important information. (TV: Everything Changes et al)
- Ianto has feelings towards Lisa Hallett, however their two dates were failures. (TV: Cyberwoman)
- Inside the Indian restaurant, Rachel is bought an international ale called "Bad Wolf". (TV: The End of the World)
- Everyone at Torchwood is urged to use first names rather than titles and surnames. (TV: Army of Ghosts)