Nigel Robinson is a British author who has a longstanding association with the prose side of the Doctor Who franchise. Near the end of the Target novelisations range in the late 1980s, Robinson served as editor. He also wrote several novelisations, as well as several spin-off works such as a trio of Quiz Books and a Crossword Puzzle book.
His writing of novelisations, beginning with The Sensorites, made him one of only three authors to write for the Target novelisation range without any previous connection to either the writing of scripts or production of Doctor Who. The others were Alison Bingeman and John Peel.
Robinson went on to write two early novels in the Virgin New Adventures line of original fiction, as well as some short stories. His most recent contributions to the franchise have been scripts for the Big Finish Productions line of audio dramas.
Target novelisations Edit
Virgin New Adventures Edit
Short stories Edit
Brief Encounter Edit
Doctor Who Yearbook Edit
Companion Chronicles Edit
Lost Stories Edit
- Farewell, Great Macedon (adapted from a script by Moris Farhi)
- The Fragile Yellow Arc of Fragrance (adapted from a script by Moris Farhi)
- The Masters of Luxor (adapted from a script by Anthony Coburn)
Destiny of the Doctor Edit
Short Trips Edit
Quiz and puzzle books Edit
- The Doctor Who Quiz Book
- The Second Doctor Who Quiz Book
- The Third Doctor Who Quiz Book
- Doctor Who Crossword Book
- Interview with Nigel Robinson, conducted in 1994, it appeared in issue five of Broadsword
- Official Facebook page